November 10, 2011 - A Nook of One's Own

Oh, it's been a banner week!  I'm moving into Artful Journey School of Fine Arts. They graciously have agreed to host my burgeoning collection of canvas, paper, and supplies, and to let me use their classrooom space as an open studio.  Lovely, lovely people!

Ergo, on Monday and Wednesday - this week's preschool days - I woke up with the very best kind of Christmassy Morning feeling and spent the full preschool session setting up The Nook. Hereafter, I may re-title this blog Notes from the Nook. Or is that just too too cute?

At any rate, here is my nook, a nook of my own:


I do here sincerely and publicly thank my hard-working husband for subsidizng the Nook, although I am sure he would have paid any amount necessary get all the canvases out of our living room. I think the word "bonfire" was muttered once or twice, albeit strictly sotto voce.

For the balance of this entry, I'm going to re-post last week's update email. For those who kindly consent to inclusion on my email list, this will be duplicate information, except that Poudre Studio Artists and Galleries have posted a great page for Harvest Time, complete with a slideshow of the works on display and an online voting feature.

=====
Dear Friends,

Themes of bounty and gratitude certainly are in order for this Thanksgiving month; many good things are happing here.

First, a real studio space has materialized at Artful Journey School of Fine Arts in Evergreen. After mid-month, that will be my primary working space (and, to my husband's utter delight, my primary art supply storage space as well). I am so excited to work with these fine folks and share the creative energy at their school!

Artful Journey also has invited me to give a class/demonstration on November 15.  Each participant will create an abstract watercolor collage from start to finish.  All materials are provided and all levels are welcome. The regular Artful Journey adult class is attending, but a few extra spots are available for special guests! Just let me know if you are interested.

November features two juried exhibits in which I am honored to be included:

November 12 through December 12 - Art Gallery 3698 Miniatures Show and Sale (Juror: Nancy Wylie)
Opening reception is Saturday, November 12, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.

November 10 through 26 - Poudre Studio Artists & Galleries: "Harvest Time" (Juror: Marcy Silverstein)
Opening reception is Friday, November 11, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Finally, new small works are available at special holiday prices. You can view them online at MesArt -- keep watching MesArt for more miniatures in the under-$50 range this month -- or in person at Osmosis Gallery's First Friday event, December 2, 2011 starting at 5:30 p.m. I hope to be there in the early evening, weather permitting.

Best wishes for an inspired fall and safe Thanksgiving travel!

=====

Next project: demo preparation for Tuesday. That should lend itself to some nice blog entries.

No comments: