May 11, 2011 - Starting Somewhere

"They" say you must start somewhere. I am starting from Arizona. It's been a delicious week here, spending time with my parents and ruminating on this new chapter.  

My mother, an award-winning artist herself, cheerfully takes on the role of native guide to the local arts community. I had a wonderful time yesterday at Mano's Gallery in Tubac, where the owner, Mary Helen, generously toured us through her artists' work and shared a wealth of information about current trends in sales, clients, and designers.

I came away with a new appreciation for the hard work of marketing fine art. But I also am encouraged to see firsthand the benefits that an established gallery can offer to an emerging artist. Now I'm more eager than ever to pick up my paintbrush upon my return to Denver.

No comments: